A little tidbit I picked up is to run the kitchen hot water until it gets hot before starting a load of dishes in the dish washer. Doing this starts the dish cycle using hot water.
• Fire Extinguisher: Check that it's fully charged; recharge or replace if needed.
• Sink/Tub Stoppers and Drain Holes: Clean out debris.
• Garbage Disposal: Flush with hot water and baking soda.
• Water Softener: Check water softener salt drum and replinish salt if necessary.
• Forced-Air Heating System: Change filters once a month if user's manual recommends fiberglass filters.
EVERY 2 MONTHS
• Wall Furnace: Clean grills.
• Range Hood: Clean grease filter.
EVERY 3 MONTHS
• Faucet: Clean aerator.
• Tub Drain Assembly: Clean out debris; inspect rubber seal and replace if needed.
• Floor and Outdoor Drain Grates: Clean out debris.
EVERY 6 MONTHS
• Smoke Detector: Test batteries and replace if needed.
• Toilet: Check for leaks and water run-on.
• Interior Caulking: Inspect caulking around tubs, showers, and sinks; replace any if it is deteriorating.
• Forced-Air Heating System: Change semi-annually if user's manual recommends high efficiency pleated or HEPA-style filters.
• Garbage Disposal: Tighten drain connections and fasteners.
• Clothes Washer: Clean water inlet filters; check hoses and replace them if they are leaking.
• Clothes Dryer: Vacuum lint from ducts and surrounding areas.
• Wiring: Check for frayed cords and wires; repair or replace them as needed.
• Range Hood: Wash fan blades and housing.